I finished removing all of my Easilocks yesterday after 2 months of wear. It’s not unusual they lasted me only 8 weeks, they say you shouldn’t leave Easilocks in for longer than 8-10 weeks if like me your hair is fine. For people with slightly thicker hair, 3 months is the average length of time your Easilocks would last.
The unique thing about Easilocks is that the hair can be re-used so you have the option of booking in for a refit. I highly recommend you do not remove them or try to maintain them at home yourself. The only reason I removed my Easilocks is because I am a qualified hair extensionist and I know how to remove microbeads and although microbeads and Easilocks are extremely different, the removal process is similar.
(Easilock connection V’s microbead )
I’ve had microbead extensions in the past and if I had to compare both, Easilocks are better by a long shot. The Easilock connections are not only silicone-free, but are slimmer and more petite meaning they are much less noticeable in the hair compared to regular microbeads.
If you’re thinking of getting Easilocks extensions below you will find my top tips for keeping them in pristine condition:
- Brush your extensions before shampooing to ensure your hair is tangle free.
- Secure the root of your hair with one hand while detangling to avoid any pressure or tension on the natural hair.
- It’s recommended that you wash your hair with Easilocks silicone-free shampoo, condition only the ends of your hair and rinse thoroughly before you have your Easilocks applied to ensure a strong connection. (You can pick the Easilocks shampoo and conditioner up at your initial consolation prior to application)
- Once you have your Easilocks applied I would recommend using only the Easilocks shampoo, conditioner and leave-in treatments.
- When shampooing your Easilocks work vertically rather than horizontally or in a circular motion – this will ensure less tangles.
- Leave your conditioner in for 3-5 minutes before rinsing and comb it through your extensions. A top tip is to remove the heavy excess water from your hair before you apply conditioner.
- It is recommended to only condition your Easilocks from the ponytail down so as to avoid contact with the root.
- Always use leave-in conditioner on the ends to keep the ends silky.
- Brush your hair from the scalp at least twice a day with your Easilocks hairbrush to keep your extensions clean at the root.
- Wear your hair in a loose ponytail or braid while you are sleeping.
- If you are swimming, wear your Easilocks in a ponytail or braid and apply lots of conditioner to act as a barrier against chlorine and salt. Shampoo your Easilocks immediately after swimming.
Things you shouldn’t do when wearing Easilocks:
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair.
- Don’t turn your head upside down/ wash your hair over the bath because this could create serious knots.
- Don’t leave your hair wet for long periods of time without detangling as this could cause hair to become matted.
- Don’t leave your Easilocks in for more than 3 months or 8-10 weeks if your hair is fine. (Damage may occur if you leave your Easilocks in for longer than the recommended time)
- Don’t attempt to maintain or remove your Easilocks at home.
- Don’t use any hot tools on your Easilocks without using Easilocks Rose Gold Oil.
- Don’t allow bronzers/fake tans/sun creams or tinted products make contact with your Easilocks.
Because Easilocks are bonded to the natural hair without glue, heat or sowing, it’s natural to shed between 15-20 strands during the course of wear – I only lost about 10.
Some information on the Easilocks products I’ve been using:
Easilocks Clarifying & Cleansing Shampoo infused with caviar, collagen and keratin cleanses and treats hair simultaneously. It promotes elasticity which is essential for healthy hair growth. It also prolongs the life of hair extensions and rehydrates dry, damaged hair. Free of parabens, sulphates & petroleums.
Easilocks Clarifying & Cleansing Shampoo is priced at €25 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/2923V9j
Easilocks Deep & Nourishing Conditioner infused with caviar, collagen and keratin is also paraben, sulphate and petroleum free. Caviar has a high concentration of amino acids, proteins, structured peptides and essential fatty acids. These active ingredients together help to regenerate and repair the hair and regulate excess oil on the scalp. Collagen and Keratin together moisturise, nourish and revitalise by penetrating the hair follicle, providing the hair with protective properties.
Easilocks Deep & Nourishing Conditioner is priced at €23 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/28YYRkT
This paraben and sulphate free leave-in conditioner contains dimethiconol which is a thermal protector and is rich in hydrolysed keratin which helps to regenerate the hair fibre. I used it after every single wash and it found it of great benefit especially for detangling my Easilocks.
It’s priced at €25 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/28YZKK8
Easilocks Rose Gold Heat Protector Pro is a revolutionary hair treatment oil for natural hair and hair extensions. The carefully selected blend of natural oils deeply penetrate, protect, nourish and repair the hair. Carrot Oil, Chamomile Oil, Coconut Oil, Linseed Oil, Soybean Oil, Argan Oil and Tahitensis Flower Extract work together to leave hair silky smooth with weightless texture.
Apply 1 pump of the oil to the palm of your hands and apply to the mid lengths and ends of wet, lightly dried hair. Comb trough the hair to spread evenly and style as normal.
Easilocks Rose Gold Heat Protector Pro is priced at €25 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/291q639
If you’re going to invest in a new brush also I would highly recommend the Dream Brush. It’s perfect for people like me who have really sensitive scalps and as a result, detangling hair can be a really painful experience. The Dream Brush combs through hair effortlessly.
It’s priced at €24.99 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/291ugn9
Lastly, I wouldn’t have got through the last two months if it wasn’t for my Easilocks Hair Hero. This 3-in-1 hair styler straightens, curls and creates beachy waves and it’s so quick and easy to use. Check out this mini demo by Easilocks Blanchardstown stylist Amanda over on my Instagram @peaches_og so you can see for yourself how easy it is to use: http://bit.ly/292nIHJ
The Hair Hero is priced at €129 and is available to purchase here: http://bit.ly/2994np1
I would highly recommend Easilocks if you are looking for a temporary hair extension solution and would prefer a system that requires no glue, heat or sowing. I thought the quality of the hair was fabulous, it was so full and bouncy and held a curl for days.
Easilocks prices range from €300-€600 depending on what length you are going for and how thick you want it. If you are having your hair coloured by Easilocks Blanchardstown prior to having your Easilocks applied, they will also offer you 20% discount on the colour.
For more information or to book a consultation you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 018236706.
Follow Easilocks Blanchardstown on Facebook here: http://bit.ly/290UyX8
Follow Easilocks Blanchardstown on Instagram here: http://bit.ly/29dsim2