I’m slowly but surely coming back to the land of the living after flying home from California! The jet lag has really knocked me for six this time around!
I’ve been doing some bits and bobs of work over the weekend and I did this beautiful subtle look on my friend Christina yesterday!
The two showstopper products I used for this particular makeover is the highlighter and mascara!
But for arguments sake, I’ll start off with the base and in the order I applied each product!
I used Make Up For Ever Ultra HD in #123 which is my favourite go-to colour for nights out! It’s almost perfect for all tan shades, but if you want to go a little bit darker than that I would suggest trying #128, or for a more yellow/orange tone try #153. All three are popular colour shades in my kit, but #123 is my favourite!
Next up, I used a Face 2 Foundation Stick in Cream Beige underneath the eyes, along the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, the t-zone and the chin area and blended it out with my brush. I love to use foundation sticks for an extra little bit of coverage or alternatively, as a cream highlighter like in this particular instance.
I then set the base with my favourite powder, Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder.
I contoured Christina’s face using mac cosmetics powder in Sculpt, which is a universal colour and tends to suit most skin tones. This is also an amazing colour for blending out darker colours on the eye area!
The highlighter I used is The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer which is one of the most highly pigmented, sparkly powders I have ever used! It’s also a great colour for using on the inside of the eye to make the tear duct pop and also along the brow bone to highlight.
Only 3 colours were used on Christina’s eyes which makes this a really simple look to recreate at home!
First, I created the outer corner or triangle of black using Mac Cosmetics Carbon. I blended out the harsh edges using a beautiful red/brown, burgundy Make Up For Ever shadow in #162 and brought this colour a little further through the socket.
Once I had those colours blended through I then added Mac Cosmetics Dazzlelight across the lid as far as the smoky outer corner. I also applied this colour along the brow bone to highlight.
Christina has the most amazing natural brows and to tell you the truth we didn’t use anything to emphasise them, these brows are all her own! I only added a teeny bit of Make Up For Ever shadow in #165, which is a taupe/grey colour, to the ends of the brow to manipulate them into more of a point.
Along with great features like cheekbones and eyebrows, Christina also has amazing eyelashes and we really brought out the best in them with this Georgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara. You would swear she is wearing lashes in this picture but I can assure you she isn’t!
Christina wanted to keep her look really subtle so we didn’t go with any liquid eyeliner or harsh lines.
If there’s two things you need to buy from this look it’s the Mary-Lou Manizer and the Black Ecstasy mascara!
Shop the products here:
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation €40.50 buy here: http://bit.ly/1Ry6A9I
- Face 2 Foundation Stick: buy in-store at Make Up For Ever on Clarendon Street, Dublin 2
- Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder €31.50 buy here: http://bit.ly/1MPxCpH
- Mac Cosmetics Sculpt Powder shop online from Brown Thomas here: http://bit.ly/1PQtRW1
- The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer €20.50 from Cloud 10 Beauty buy here: http://bit.ly/1GEKMJ9
- Mac Cosmetics shadow in Carbon €16 .50 or €10 for a refill buy here: http://bit.ly/1MPyQkO
- Make Up For Ever shadow in #162 €9.50 buy here: http://bit.ly/1NwXgCv
- Mac Cosmetics shadow in Dazzlelight €16 .50 or €10 for a refill buy here: http://bit.ly/1jMfW7J
- Make Up For Ever shadow in #165 €9.50 buy here: http://bit.ly/1NwXgCv
- Georgio Armani Black Ecstasy Mascara €32.50 buy here: http://bit.ly/1R9YbJW